HOW THE Online MARKET WORKS:
- The items that you can shop for are on the dashboard, under Fresh Farm Box Store, as well as, beginning your shopping experience on the right side bar, Start Shopping.
- The online market is open 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Orders placed by Wednesday at 2 PM will be available for pickup beginning Friday at 9 AM.
- The Fallon Food Hub will donate your perishable items to the Fallon Daily Bread if you forget to pick up your order by Saturday 2 PM.
Why Buy Local?
Buying local tastes better and is more nutritious
- Commercial produce is often a week old by the time it travels over 1,500 miles to get to supermarkets, often requiring preservatives.
- Commercial produce is sometimes picked too early, making fruit, for example, hard and tasteless.
- Locally grown food, on the other hand, is harvested at its peak in taste and nutrition for your immediate purchase.
- Many local farmers offer the unique and flavorful heirloom varieties of produce they sell.
Buying local keeps the money in our community
- Commercial food profits go to a middleman or giant business outside our community and state, whereas buying local keeps the money cycling here in our community, helping it to grow and prosper.
- Buying fresh produce from local producers helps preserve local farms and our precious rural community.
Buying local ensures a safe and secure food
- Getting to know our local food producers, their ethics, cultural heritage, and farming practices provides confidence in a safe supply of healthy food for our families.
- Buying from local farmers helps renew rural, small-scale agriculture in our communities and helps guarantee a consistent flow of healthy food year round.